The Santafe mall in Medellin is popular for many reasons, and one of them is for holding themed attractions in its main square. In the past, it has put up inflatable games, a ball pit, flower decorations, and much more. During December and due to Christmas, the mall has started the tradition of setting up an ice rink where the whole family can skate and have fun, even if they do not know how to do it.
What is So Special About This Ice Rink?
Santafé mall has repeated this same attraction for several years with slight variations. On this last occasion, the decoration of the ice rinks represents the legend of the red thread of fate, which tells that each person is connected through a red thread, a magical cord that never breaks, to someone they love. The ice rink is decorated with little birds that represent this beautiful legend. In the middle of this square, you will also find a giant Christmas tree that rises to the mall’s top floor.
If you do not intend to skate, you can still use the Christmas themed area as the background for your photos. It is not only a tourist activity but a place to make special memories. This ice rink is a place to enjoy with your family, friends, and date or even if you go alone, it is a place to meet other people and interact with the locals.
How To Get Into the Ice Rink?
Hours: Monday to Sunday (including holidays): 1 pm – 8:30 pm
The ice rink in the Santafé mall is the largest in Medellín. To skate there you will have to buy tickets and you can get them through the Santafé Medellín app, or by going to the mall’s third floor where you will find an information booth in the Aguacatala sector.
- For every 100,000 COP in purchases during November, December 2022 and January 2023, (maximum 3 invoices) claim 4 tickets, paying 20,000 COP each with a debit card or cash.
- For every 30,000 COP spent in Happy City, Xtreme Zone, Bowland, Cinecolombia, and Xtreme Karts during November, December 2022 and January 2023, (maximum 4 invoices) claim 2 tickets, paying 20,000 COP each with a debit card or cash.
- Buy each ticket for 50,000 COP using a debit card or cash.
Recommendations To Enjoy Your Skating Day
- On the ice rink, they will give you the necessary protection to stay safe while skating. Wear your helmet all the time and you will avoid accidents.
- They recommend skating always facing forward. This is the safest way to do it, especially if you do not have much experience.
- If you are not so good at skating, you can use one of the support sleds. These sleds are also ideal for children so they can skate with more safety.
- For your safety, and the safety of others, it is recommended to avoid figure skating or using the sleds at high speed.
- You can take photos in the ice rink and upload them to your social networks. Tag the mall and it might share your photo.
- Keep in mind that the ice rink will be open until January 15. Do not postpone your visit!
Dresscode and Photos
You can go dressed as you want! However, the mall recommends wearing comfortable clothing, cozy sweaters, jeans or sportswear, and of course, outfits following the Christmas color palette. This way your photos will look more beautiful and Christmas-themed.
Can I Go With My Pet?
Something very special about most of the malls in Medellín and Santafé mall is that they have a pet-friendly culture. In the case of the ice rink, although you can go to the mall with your pet, they will not be able to enter the rink. They can wait for you outside the ice rink and when you finish skating, you can continue exploring the mall with your four-legged friend.
However, even during December, the mall has special activities that pets and their owners can enjoy. For example, there may be Christmas costume contests. Recently, the mall held an event called “Tropa de perritos navideños” (Christmas dog troop), where they invited people to bring their pets dressed following a Christmas theme so they could take pictures with them and meet other pets and their owners.
Thanks to this special event, many children could meet these pets and learn how important is to take care of them and respect them. So, this mall is a place where your dog or cat will be welcomed and appreciated.
Are you planning to visit the ice rink at the Santafé mall? Make sure of taking pictures to remember this special moment. The ice rink is only available for a couple of months so it is a unique experience. Make memories and have fun!