Medellín Metro has announced a new digital recharge option for its Cívica card, a transport card used by millions of citizens in the Aburrá Valley region. Through its partnership with DaviPlata, a digital wallet app, the Medellín Metro aims to provide a more convenient and efficient way for its customers to recharge their cards without the need to wait in long lines or carry cash.
According to the company, there are close to 2.5 million active Cívica card users in the region, with more than one million potential users of this new top-up option through DaviPlata. This new strategy is part of the company’s multi-channel model, which aims to promote more autonomous users in transactions and improve the overall customer experience.
To recharge through the DaviPlata app, users simply need to follow these steps:
- Open the DaviPlata application on their mobile device.
- Select the mobility option in the DaviPlata virtual store.
- Enter the Cívica card number or the identification number of the card owner.
- Type the amount they want to recharge, with a minimum of $500.
- Users can also recharge their Cívica card through other channels, such as points of sale, station machines, the Cívica app itself, and other digital wallets.
By offering this new digital recharge option, Medellín Metro and DaviPlata hope to continue working on new solutions for Colombians, providing them with easy and quick access to benefits like this one.
The new digital recharge option through DaviPlata provides a convenient and efficient way for Cívica card users in the Aburrá Valley region to recharge their cards without the need to wait in long lines or carry cash. With more than one million potential users, this new strategy is part of the company’s multi-channel model and aims to improve the overall customer experience. Users can also recharge their Cívica card through other available channels.